Adding Contacts to the Blocklist ✎
Upon starting the app your blocklist will be blank by default. There are a variety of ways to add a number to the blocklist, accessible via the ‘+ ADD‘ button above the ‘ Blocklist‘ tab icon.
You can choose between four methods to add phone numbers to your blocklist:
- Call Logs – access the list of recent calls to your phone and select a number to block from there
- Contacts – access your phone’s contact list and select any existing contacts to add to the blocklist
- SMS Logs – access the list of your recent SMS messages and select a number to block from there
- Manual – manually enter a number via a keypad to be added to the blocklist
Once you’ve added some numbers to your blocklist, they’ll appear as a list on the main ‘ Blocklist‘ tab. From here, swiping left on a listed number will allow you to toggle the blocking of calls () and/or SMS () for that selected number specifically, as well as offering the option of deleting the number from the blocklist (X).
Any calls or SMS sent to your phone from numbers on the blocklist will be logged in the ‘ Calls’ and ‘ SMS‘ tabs, also accessible from the home screen. From these tabs you can view and manage blocked calls and SMS, including the options to call or message a number back.
Sliding Menu ☰
Dragging your finger from the left side of the screen or clicking the ☰ menu button at the top left of the app (next to the CPR Call Blocker logo) will access the side menu. This provides access to other features of the application.
- Call Blocking / SMS Blocking – ensure these options are selected to allow the blocklist to be put into effect. You are able to quickly disable the blocklist without removing your accumulated list by simply un-checking the tick-box for Calls and/or SMS
- My Inbox – allows you to view & manage your recent SMS messages as well as to send messages directly from the CPR Call Blocker app
For a price of $1.99 the CPR Call Blocker app can be upgraded to the full premium version, unlocking numerous useful new features:
- Pre-Programmed Blocklist – automatically link to CPR’s global scam/nuisance number list, containing 100,000+ registered spam telephone numbers. Calls & SMS from these listed numbers will be blocked and kept separate from your personal blocklist stored on the app. For security reasons, the database is not disclosed.
- No Advertisements – all in-app advertisements will be removed
- Password Protection – protect your app with a password, ensuring your blocklist is confidential
- Backup/Restore – backup and restore your personal blocklist and settings, to prevent losing your data in the event of unintentional app deletion or other related phone malfunctions
- Export History – exports your call/SMS logs to a notepad file, to share to separate devices
- App Skins – gain access to eight extra skin options, to personalize the app to your liking
The whitelist is designed to allow certain chosen contacts to be exempt from all call blocking settings. Click the ‘ ADD‘ button at the bottom of the screen to choose numbers to add to the whitelist. Adding numbers to the whitelist is the same as adding to the blacklist, offering the same four methods of retrieving phone numbers.
Once a number is on the whitelist, it will be exempt from all call blocking settings you have enabled. To remove a number, simply swipe left on the contact and tap the ‘X‘.
Schedule Blocking allows you to manage call blocking more effectively. Making a schedule allows you to determine a period of time where all calls will be blocked, before returning to your chosen settings after the scheduled time is over. To add a schedule tap ‘+ Add‘ button at the bottom of the screen.
Now you can choose a schedule for full blocking to take place. Click ‘From‘ or ‘To‘ to alter the time period to which the schedule operates over. You then choose whether you wish the schedule to be a weekly fixture for any days of the week you choose, or to simply be for one time for a single day of the year.
Once you’ve set up your schedule click the double tick icon in the top right corner to confirm it. Now the schedule will be listed in the main Schedule screen of the app. To put any and all schedules into effect, make sure the ‘Schedule Blocker – On/Off’ checkbox is checked. To remove a schedule tap the red trashcan icon on the chosen schedule, or you can remove all schedules at once by clicking ‘ Remove All‘ at the bottom of the screen.
- Block Listed Numbers – ensures all numbers on the blocklist will be blocked by the app if they attempt to call your phone
- Block Unknown Calls – all incoming phone calls from unknown numbers will be blocked by the app
- Block All Calls – any call to your phone will be blocked by the app
- Block Private Calls – all incoming private calls to your phone will be automatically blocked by the app
- Auto Reply SMS – Upon blocking a call, the app will send a preset SMS message to the caller in return. This message can be changed to your liking (*feature only available in the premium version of the app*)
- Block Listed SMS – ensures all numbers on the blocklist will be blocked by the app if they attempt to send an SMS to your phone
- Block Unknown SMS – all incoming SMS labelled from unknown numbers will be blocked by the app
- Block All SMS – any SMS sent to your phone will be blocked by the app
- Block Private SMS – any SMS messages from private numbers will be will be automatically blocked by the app
- Auto Reply SMS – Upon blocking a SMS, the app will send a preset SMS message to the messenger in return. This message can be changed to your liking (*feature only available in the premium version of the app*)
- Current Date Format – change the date format to your liking according to ten differing format options
- Notification – choose whether a push notification will be sent to your phone’s notification bar whenever the app blocks a call or SMS
- Sound – choose whether your phone will emit a notification tone whenever the app blocks a call or SMS
- Notification Tone – choose between seven different notification tones to indicate a blocked call/SMS
- Vibrate – choose whether your phone will vibrate whenever the app blocks a call or SMS
- Confirmation Dialog – choose whether a confirmation dialog box will appear whenever an receiving a blocked call/SMS, allowing you to accept the call/message if you wish
Other Options in Settings
- Ringer Options – offers options for alternative ringing options, for if your phone is running into issues when receiving calls
- Password Protection – protect your app with a password for extra security (*feature only available in the premium version of the app*)
- Backup/Restore – backup and restore your personal blocklist and settings, to prevent losing your data in the event of unintentional app deletion or other related phone malfunctions (*feature only available in the premium version of the app*)
- More Features – lists features to further customize your app experience, such as disabling the app’s splash screen or creating a shortcut for the in-built SMS inbox
- Share – share the CPR Call Blocker app with your friends or colleagues using a variety of options available via your phone
- Related Products – browse CPR Call Blocker’s other products, including physical call blockers for landlines and mobile handsets developed in mind for call blocking
- Rate App – links to the Google Play Store where you can leave a rating and review for the CPR Call Blocker app
- Feedback – send specific feedback or suggestions directly to the developers, we want to hear your thoughts!
- About – displays application information, including the app version and further information on how you can contact the CPR Call Blocker team for any assistance
~~Remember to Tap the Icon to Save Your Changes in the Settings~~
If you require further support in using the CPR Call Blocker app, please email: email@example.com
Alternatively browse our range of support options via this website: click here to find an appropriate way to contact us